J.D. Link is the founder and pastor of Abundant Grace Fellowship Church in Blanco, Texas. He is a native Texan, born in Corpus Christi and raised on Garner Park near Leakey. After serving four years in the U.S Coast Guard, he moved to Blanco with his wife and children, and met the Living God, The Lord Jesus Christ. After being born again, baptized with the Holy Spirit and called to preach; he moved to Colorado Springs and attended Andrew Wommack’s Charis Bible College. Upon graduating two years later, the Lord called him back to Blanco to establish Abundant Grace Fellowship in 2003. Pastor Link's desire as a pastor-teacher is to see people thoroughly rooted and grounded in their faith through a love for, and diligent study of, the Truth - which is the Word of God.
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the revealed will of God (II Tim. 3:15-17; I Peter 1:23-25; Heb. 4:12).
2. There is only one true God, the Godhead, the Blessed Trinity; comprised of the God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit. All are co-equal and co-eternal. (Mt. 28:19, Jn. 1:1, 14).
3. Man was created by God, in God's image. By voluntary transgression he fell and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Who by the power of The Holy Spirit was born of the virgin Mary, and became man. (Gen. 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Rom. 5:12-21).
4. Salvation of man.
a. Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. On the cross Jesus Christ became sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God through Him. This salvation comes by believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing with your mouth the lordship of Jesus Christ (Rom. 3:24, 10:8-10; Eph. 2:8, 2Cor 5:21).
b. The inward evidence of salvation, to the believer, is the direct witness of the Spirit (Rom. 8:16). The outward evidence to all men is a life of true holiness and love (I Jn. 3:1-3; Jn. 13:35).
c. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, and not by human works; however, our works are evidence of our faith and will determine our rewards in eternity (Rom. 10:9-10, 14:10-12; II Cor. 5:10; Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7; James 2:18).
5. Baptism in water is a declaration to the world that a believer has died with Christ and that they have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life. It is not a suggestion of Jesus, but a command; and by Biblical example, should be done upon conversion (Mt. 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Rom. 6:4).
6. The celebration of the Lord's Supper by eating of the bread and drinking of the cup is a remembrance of Jesus, our covenant with God, and an expectation of His return (I Cor. 11:24-30).
7. All believers are entitled to, and should ardently expect and earnestly seek, the promise of the Father, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to the command of Jesus Christ. With this comes the endowment of power for life and service, the bestowal of gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry: This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth (Lk. 24:49; Acts 1:4-8, 2:38-39, 10:44-46, 11:14-16, 15:7-9; I Cor. 12:1-31).
8. The evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit: The full consummation of the Baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service (Acts 1:8, 2:4, 10:44-46, 19:2,6).
9. We believe in and practice the Biblical example of Divine healing (laying on of hands, anointing with oil, praying the prayer of faith, rebuking sickness). God is The Healer. However, we are not opposed to doctors or their supporting role in the healing process.
10. We believe that marriage is a sacred and holy institution created by God between one man and one woman.
(Gen. 1:27-28, 2:22-24; Mt. 19:4-6)
11. The Church is the Body of Christ. Each believer is an integral part (Eph. 1:22, 2:19-22; Heb. 12:23).
12. Total Prosperity.
a. Spiritual (Jn. 3:3, 11; II Cor. 5:17-21;Rom. 10:9-10).
b. Mental (II Tim. 1:7; Rom. 12:2; Is. 26:3).
c. Physical (Is. 53:4-5; Mt. 8:17).
d. Financial (III Jn. 2; II Cor. 9:6-10; Phil. 4:19).
e. Social (Pr. 3:4).
13. Blessed Hope: Jesus is coming to gather all His saints to Heaven (Jn 14:1-3, I Cor. 15:51-52; I Thess. 4:16-17; II Thess. 2:1).
14. Those who have not accepted the redemptive work of Jesus Christ will suffer eternal separation from the Godhead; being cast into the Lake of Fire forever (Rev. 19:20, 20:10-15).
15. The Millennial Reign of Jesus: The return of our Lord Jesus Christ with His saints from Heaven to rule and reign for one thousand years on earth as the Scripture promised (Rom. 11:25, 27; II Thess. 1:7; Rev. 19:11-16, 20:1-7). After this, there will be a new heaven and new earth (Rev. 21).
J.D. has been married to his beautiful wife and best friend Krista for over 23 years, and together they have been blessed with five wonderful children: Haley, Hayden, Holly, Hannalea & Hudson; and a new grandson, Jeremy.
It’s our desire to worship and glorify The Lord our God (Ps 34:1-3, 134:2, Jn 4:24); build up and edify each other (Prov 27:17, 1Cor 14:3); to build strong Christian families (Josh 24:15, Dt 11:18-21); to equip people for the work of the ministry (Eph 4:11-12, 2Tim 2:2); to preach the Gospel (Mt 28:18-20, Mk 16:15-20); To support world missions, especially the persecuted church (Heb. 13:3, Gal 6:10); and to live our lives as true disciples of Jesus Christ (Jn 8:31-32, Lk 14:25-35, 1Cor 13). We give thanks to our Father in Heaven for pouring out on us His abundant grace, mercy, goodness, and love through Jesus; and for His Holy Spirit living inside of us. God is good, all the time! (Mal 3:6, Mk 10:18)
Statement Of Faith
Copyright © Abundant Grace. All rights reserved.